Thursday, February 17, 2011

Home Remedies for Fever

For me fever is a common ailment. Nothing to worry. In my whole life I only take Medical Leave due to fever once, that was because I refused to take leave on the first time I visit the clinic, even the MA insisted. Come on, it was just a fever, who knows 2 days later I had to see the MA again because at that time I almost collapsed. (tu la eksen sangat, agaknya itu kot MA tu cakap dalam hati)

Anyway, it is the nature of my job that make me so reluctant to take any leave. Susah hati woo..

Last Monday after iftar I felt dizzy. The next day I really could not move from bed. Make short Yati came and took me to the clinic. The bubbly doc gave me 2 days medical leave. I didn't complaint. Kalau dia kasi seminggu pun saya ikut je, serik..

Now I'm feeling much better. These are things that I found here which I think worth sharing.

Drink as much water as you can in order to replace fluid loss. It will also help to bring down body temperature.



Rest as much as possible.



Avoid suddenly changes in atmospheric temperatures.



:Avoid eating solid foods until the fever is gone. You can replace the foods by drinking plenty of distilled water and/or juices.


when you have fever do not take any supplement containing either iron or zinc. Taking iron causes great tension in a body that is fighting infection; and zinc is not absorbed by the body when you have fever.


Take cool bathes, fill a bath tub, submerge and lay down for 5' approximately. Repeat as needed until the fever is down.


If the fever does not exceed 102 degrees let it run its course. It helps the body to fight infection and eliminate toxins.


When a child has fever do not give them aspirin, instead try to reduce the fever with cold baths.


p/s all the pics are copypaste from google. tq

2 comments:

Citarasa Rinduan said...

good sharing..
kak ayu suka minum air suam jer...
kalau nak belanjer...faham2 jer eik...air suam satu...hehheh

Kengkawan said...

eni taim sis
dua gelas pun boleh hehhe