Thursday, October 30, 2014

Another cramps rambling.

Couple of painkilers and a jap later, here I am.
On d light green bed, facing white walls which need re-paint badly.

I read this book though




Like all Trigiani's books, it revolves around Italian close-knit families.

The thing is, I always thought family is d pillar of strength for everyone. Blood is thicker than water, or so to speak.

As I got older, I realised that family love is a myth.
When u were small, there r certain values instilled by your parents.
The same values for each siblings, which supposed to make u bonded.

Then you grow up, fell apart.
One day u had time to reflect.
It dawned on u, 

They do not even show up on your birthday.
Never thanked you for d birthday presents you carefully chosen.
Do not bother to call, to send cards either.
Indeed, they just never care.

Worst!
They might do not attend your funeral too.

Sekian

No comments: